Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ode to MB

Growing up I always thought that there was someone out there who would share my passion for life, Jesus, family, sports, the outdoors, etc. As I entered high school and college I began to think that maybe I had set my sites too high. I thought I might need to compromise and begin looking for someone who didn't quite share all those passions. So, I dated a few people, never really finding much common ground with them, and we ended up going our separate ways. Then, my junior year of college, I began to focus more on my relationship with Jesus, and less on my relationship with the numerous coeds @ WJC.

It was about midway through my junior year at Jewell when someone caught my eye. She was a beautiful blonde setter on the volleyball team and she was also someone who I had seen at Worship Jam (a fellow Christian athlete-2 for 2) :). Needless to say, her name was Mary Beth. She has taught me that you don't have to compromise, you have to trust in God and He will give you what you need. Mary Beth was exactly the girl I had dreamed of growing up and there she was right in front of me. I had to make my move, but I had no idea how. I got really lucky when she asked me to go to the Alpha Gam Date Dash at the Crown Center Ice Rink. However, even though she asked me to go on the date dash, it took around 6 months to get her to sit next to me on the couch. She was a tough one. :)

In that six month period I finally approached her for our first real date-54th Street in Liberty. She ordered a bowl of soup and took about 3 bites. Afterward, we drove around talking for about 2 hours and that was the night I knew, (and later found out that she knew as well), that she was the girl I was going to marry. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful wife and Parker is just as lucky to have such a wonderful Mom. WE LOVE YOU MB. HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY. Maybe we can hit up 54th Street in Liberty tonight if you're available.

No comments: