Tuesday, February 17, 2009

1/2 Ironman Training

I haven't signed up yet, but I plan to do so soon. I have been training for the past two weeks and it feels good to have a major goal to keep me going. I have deviated from the training log out of necessity, but I am able to run every day and I try to swim or bike at least once or twice a week too. It is a little tough to get to the pool with Parker around, but MB has been great to let me sneak away for an hour or so on the weekends. She has been very supportive of my goal and she even bought me a pair of Newton running shoes. They are a crazy new shoe that force you to run on your forefoot. They supposedly promote a more biomechancially efficient running motion and will help prevent injuries. I have put about 25 miles on them so far and I am really enjoying them. Initially, my calves were a bit sore, but I am getting used to them. I am a total shoe geek, so it is super cool to be the only one at the gym who has these shoes. Check em out.

These were worn by the Ironman World Champion-Craig Alexander, this year in Kona, so maybe I will have the same success. :) (You know what they say-"Its gotta be the shoes.")


In other news, Parker has a little reflux, so he has had a rough couple of days, but we have gotten some medicine and it has been helping. It is so tough to know that something is making your son unhappy and he can't communicate what it is or how to fix it. I guess that is where we have to trust the pediatrician. He is as cute as ever though. Check out this pic of him flexing his muscles. (Probably going to be a body-builder)

No comments: