Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I've still got it

Well, I guess baseball is just like riding a bike. Once I got back in there it all came back to me. I even surprised myself when I "dropped a bomb" (hit a homerun) on the first pitch of the game in my first at bat. It felt great. Although I did strike out in my second at bat-we don't really need to talk about that. It was hilarious to hear some of the stories that I had forgotten about and to spend time with the guys who made my college days so memorable. I sure miss those days.

The weather was excellent and while I was out there I couldn't help but think how nice it would be to work outside and have a little more freedom, as opposed to the standard 9 to 5. That is my ultimate goal-to find a job where I can spend time in the outdoors and have the freedom to set my own schedule.

Mary Beth and I had our 2nd Childbirth Prep Class last night. We learned a lot of different birthing positions and practiced some new relaxation techniques. We also watched some informative videos that provided some more detail regarding the different stages of the birthing process. (sometimes a little too much detail, but we tried to be mature) :) We are two weeks away from moving into Mary Beth's Mom's house. She is getting remarried and will be moving out, so we are going to rent from them. It is going to be very nice to have some extra space and a yard for the baby to play in next spring. We received a very nice gift from Dave & Marilyn (MB's mom and her fiance)-3 framed Beatrice Potter characters for the nursery. Peter Rabbit is probably my favorite, but they will all look very nice. We also bought some furniture for the nursery. Check it out...(the color is different-we went with a darker wood, but I couldn't find a picture of it).

No comments: