Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dear A.I.G.

I think this is a great op-ed piece from the NY Times written by an A.I.G. employee (former employee). It shows that the A.I.G. mess is a paradox because the only way to fix the issues within the company is to hire or retain good people. With the persecution by the government and by the media, the company is actually handicapped-making it harder to repay the tax payer. I think we all need to step back and look at this logically. If we expect to get our (tax payers) money back, then we need to give A.I.G. some leeway to pay smart people to figure things out. I am planning to write more on risk and risk taking in my next post, but I thought this would be a good primer. Check it out. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/25/opinion/25desantis.html

No comments: